Sunday, March 17, 2013

What!? No green Beer!


 
So I would have to begin with a tiny bit of background.  Patrick my husband and I have 3 handsome boys and our middle son Topper, has severe Autism.  We have no family within a four state radius and so we rely on older babysitters pretty hard to come by.  Topper is a lot so maturity is important. 
We have been lucky enough to have a wonderful sitter whom is 21.  Down to earth, intelligent, everything you could ask for in a babysitter.  I have been quietly dreading the day she has a lot more going on because I know I will lose her.
Like many people in our situation we miss most of these social things.  Patrick had called and made plans for us to go out tonight for St Patty's Day. WhooHoo! Party! Not the best it is a Sunday and tomorrow is a school day and work day.  But who cares we are going  party.  In fact Pat and I met at an Irish Pub.  This is where we are at our most comfortable.
Our babysitter was to arrive at 3:00 at about 3:15 I asked my husband if he checked his voice mail he said no.  He went to check it.  Our sitter is never late.  Low and behold she has got the stomach flu.
Me and the hubby looked at each other with this look of -can you believe that.  I said are you kidding?  He said well it might not be green beer baby but we are drinking a beer tonight.  He came back with a six pack of lite beer and we had a nice beer together and by some miracle all of the boys stayed out of the room.  It was great!  I realized what it was is the time I got with him.  Sometimes I just want to be a girlfriend like I use to be with him.  Well the beer was not green but it tasted good and the company was just like I remembered, it was a fun guy who I am crazy about. 




No comments:

Post a Comment